Thursday 15 September 2011

A cool "Tips and Tricks" ebook

Came across this ebook on the web called "Workshop Secrets". It brings back memories of the many pleasurable late nights I spent devouring all the secret tricks and techniques that mechanics use in the "Haynes Workshop Manual." (although many of the tips in that book are now kinda old and obsolete)

I looked through the points and oh, I'm sure these are all situations most of us have all been through before!


Listen to this...
  • What do you do when you drop a bolt someone into your vehicle, and you can't reach it? (I'd grab my extendable Craftsman magnetic probe). 
  • It goes on to say, what if the object is made of brass, aluminum or plastic? (Well that'll be a pain.....)
  • How to make sure you never forget when an oil change is due. (I think this one will really be useful for me.)
  • Easy way to fit wheel bearings (You mean there's another way other than pounding it in with a huge hammer? I'm guessing its probably to use heat.)
  • How to stretch strong springs for easy fitting. (Ouch.)
  • Greatly increase the holding power of self-tapping screws.
  • Ensure brake shoes stay clean when fitting them.
  • How to remove bushes from blind drillings. (Even with a slide hammer, this one has got to be a real pain.)
  • Simple way to ensure bolt/nut doesn't drop out of socket.
  • How to guide bolt into place one handed.
  • Etc. etc...
Check it out and let me know what you think. I think it's going for $17.

Click here to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment